Landeshauptstadt Dresden - www.dresden.dehttps://www.dresden.de/en/city/anliegen/apply-for-a-volunteer-card.php 18.02.2019 13:38:01 Uhr 28.10.2020 10:08:28 Uhr
Applying for a Volunteer Card
The Saxon Volunteer Card (Sächsische Ehrenamtskarte) is a nice way of recognising the contribution you make to society. It acknowledges volunteering in all regions of Saxony. Numerous cooperation partners also offer benefits to holders of the Saxon Volunteer Card, such as through admission to swimming pools, castles and museums. Cooperation partners can be recognised by a sticker featuring the Volunteer Card logo, which is sometimes displayed at the entrance or checkout of participating institutions.
The current Volunteer Card is valid from 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2021.
Who can apply for a Volunteer Card?
All volunteers can apply for the Saxon Volunteer Card if they meet the following criteria:
- They have been volunteering for at least 1 year before the application;
- They are at least 16 years of age;
- Their permanent or habitual place of residence is in the Free State of Saxony;
- Their local community is involved in the awarding of the card.
Youth leaders can receive the Saxon Volunteer Card alongside the Young Leader Card (Jugendleitercard).
The host organisation that benefits from the volunteering work shall confirm the contents of the application.
Host organisations can be:
- Umbrella organisations of non-statutory welfare (Freie Wohlfahrtspflege), local sponsors of non-statutory welfare and parishes;
- Foundations and/or associations, provided they are recognised charities;
- Communities and municipal associations.
Where can you apply for the Volunteer Card?
Applications must be made by the volunteer or host organisation in the community in which the volunteer has his/her main place of residence.
Applications must be fully completed, then confirmed by the host organisation and handed in at any citizens’ office. They will then we passed on to the responsible department.
The volunteer will then receive his/her Volunteer Card in the post.