Landeshauptstadt Dresden - www.dresden.dehttps://www.dresden.de/en/tourism/dresden-welcome-cards/dresden-museums-cards.php 29.06.2021 10:06:40 Uhr 27.07.2021 09:52:47 Uhr
Current information: The museums of the Dresden State Art Collections are gradually reopening their doors. Please note that there are still restrictions on the offers as well as on the opening hours of the museums. In addition, there may be waiting times for admission in some museums, as only limited numbers of visitors are still permitted. Tickets for your museum visit are now available again on this page via the booking link or take advantage of the Museumscard.
Your ideal companion for full cultural enjoyment: 22 euros for two days – save up to 40 euros compared to single purchase and get free admission to the most famous museums and exhibitions, such as:
- Old Masters Picture Gallery with Sculpture Collection until 1800
- The Royal State Apartments of August the Strong and the Porcelain Cabinet
- New Green Vault
- Albertinum with Art from the Romantic Period to the Present Day
- Royal Cabinet of Mathematical and Physical Instruments
- Collection of Prints, Drawings and Photographs and may more*
Purchase of tickets
After making the booking, you receive an e-mail with your Card, which you can print out yourself at home (Print@Home ticket) and enter your name. You are free to choose the date of your visit to the museum, regardless of the day of booking. Children and young people up to 16 years of age are admitted free of charge, and you can also choose your free ticket online.
You can also purchase the Dresden Museums Card at the tourist information Dresden.
The Museums Card is personal to owner. Please have an ID document with you.
Validity: The Dresden Museums Card is valid during museum opening hours, including the "Blue Hour" in the Old Masters Picture Gallery and the Albertinum. For the "Blue Hour" in the Residenzschloss you need a separate ticket, which can be purchased directly at the museum ticket office. The Dresden Museums Card is valid once for each of the participating museums.
Current opening hours
Please note the current opening hours of the participating museums:
Semperbau and Zwinger
- Old Masters Picture Gallery and Sculpture Collection until 1800: Tue - Sun 10 am - 5 pm
- Royal Cabinet of Mathematical and Physical Instruments: Tue - Thu 10 am - 5 pm
- Porcelain Collection: Fri - Sun 10 am - 5 pm
- Wed - Mon 10 am - 5 pm
- Kupferstich-Kabinett opens 23 July with special exhibition "Beuys on his Birthday": Wed - Mon 10 am - 5 pm
- Coin Cabinet, Renaissance Wing and Hausmannsturm remain closed for the time being
- Fri - Sun 10 am - 5 pm
- special exhibition "Still Alive": Fri - Sun 10 am - 5 pm (until 4 July 2021)
- Museum of Saxon Folk Art and Puppet Theatre Collection: Fri - Sun 10 am - 5 pm
- Special Exhibition "Speechlessness - The Loud Silence": Tue - Sun 10 am - 6 pm (until 1 August 2021)
- Special exhibition "ANTIHELDEN": Sun 3 pm - 6 pm, Thursday by arrangement
- Lipsiusbau Exhibition Hall: currently closed
Partners and benefits
The Dresden Museums Card not only gives you free admission to museums. All benefit partners in the areas of museums and exhibitions, concerts and theatres, sight-seeing tours, eating and drinking, leisure and recreation as well as castles and parks can be found in the following overview: Complete overview of partners and benefits
* Free admission to the must-see museums and exhibitions: Old Masters Picture Gallery with Sculpture Collection until 1800; Royal Cabinet of Mathematical and Physical Instruments; Porcelain Collection; The Royal State Apartments of August the Strong and the Porcelain Cabinet; Collection of Prints, Drawings and Photographs; Coin Cabinet; New Green Vault; Renaissance Wing; Giant´s Hall of the Armoury; Turkish Chamber; Albertinum with Art from the Romantic Period to the Present Day; Lipsiusbau Exhibition Hall; Museum of Saxon Folk Art and Puppet Theatre Collection; Special Exhibitions in the Japanese Palace; Joseph Hegenbarth Archive; Hausmannsturm