At the invitation of Christian Gottfried Körner, Friedrich Schiller travelled to Dresden in 1785. He enjoyed the harmonious atmosphere of the vineyard property owned by the Körner family, and would often withdraw to this small summerhouse, where he worked on the manuscript of Don Carlos and completed his Ode to Joy. Already fitted out as a “Schillerhäuschen” in the second half of the nineteenth century, this tiny building in Dresden-Loschwitz preserves the memory of Schiller’s stay. The unusual nature of the place, and its display of items relating to Schiller’s Dresden friends, works and admirers, lend a special attraction to this, the smallest of Dresden’s museums.
Easter to October: Saturday, Sunday and Holidays 10 am to 5 pm and by previous arrangement