Landeshauptstadt Dresden - www.dresden.de

https://www.dresden.de/en/tourism/attractions/sights/old_town/albertinum.php 08.09.2017 12:08:57 Uhr 14.12.2017 23:45:41 Uhr

Albertinum

With its renovation, the Albertinum on Brühl's Terrace has come up with an innovation showing that Dresden’s museum architecture has arrived in the 21st century: a two-story steel structure resembling a floating bridge spans the inner courtyard of the museum, which was originally built in 1884/87. 17 meters above the ground, the structure now houses flood-safe storage areas and workshops. This preserves the courtyard of the four-wing building while creating a new covered space.

Since the Green Vault and the numismatic collection have been moved back to their original locations in the Royal Palace, the entire building is now available for sculpture collections and the New Masters' Gallery. The new exhibition concept presents modern art from the 19th century to the present, in every genre. The two museums are not entirely separate; through the artworks, they are in a constant dialogue, supplementing and responding to one another.

Sculpture Collection and New Masters' Gallery

Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Dresden


Visitor address

Entrance Brühls' Terrace and Georg-Treu-Platz, 01067 Dresden


Filterable map

Local public transport

Tram Nos. 4, 8, 9 to Theaterplatz


Opening hours

Tue–Sun 10am–6pm, Mon closed

Print

Partner