Landeshauptstadt Dresden - 08.09.2017 11:58:04 Uhr 24.03.2018 22:28:31 Uhr

Academy of Arts

The ornately decorated complex of buildings was called the "Lipsiusbau" after its creator, Professor of Architecture Constantin Lipsius. It was built between 1891 an 1894 on the Brühl Terrace in the style of the Neo-Renaissance. With its glass dome – nicknamed the "lemon squeezer" on account of its form – the building is a prominent feature on Dresden’s skyline.

The Academy of Arts houses the College of Fine Arts. After its partial destruction in 1945, the exhibition building of the Art Society remained unused for several centuries. Reconstruction measures were completed in 2005. With the exhibition building, now operated by the Dresden State Art Collections, the city has regained an impressive location for art exhibitions.

Visitor address

Brühlsche Terrasse 1, 01067 Dresden

Filterable map

Local public transport

Tram Nos. 4, 8, 9 to Theaterplatz

Oberelbe transport authority (VVO)

VVO information