Landeshauptstadt Dresden - 03.01.2017 15:17:40 Uhr 29.10.2020 17:33:39 Uhr

Moving allowance for students

The City of Dresden offers a moving allowance to students who study in Dresden and register their principal residence in Dresden for the first time. The registration of this principal residence and the completed move have to be done between January and December of the current year. The citizens' registry office is responsible for this.

The following year, the student can apply for the 150 Euro moving allowance from the Studentenwerk Dresden. Applications have to be made personally between January and March. The application forms are available at the Studentenwerk from January on. The transfer of the allowance will be done by Studentenwerk Dresden on a bank account in Germany. This moving allowance is granted only once for the duration of the studies.

This regulation is valid for students from the following institutions:

  • Technische Universität Dresden
  • Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Dresden
  • Hochschule für Musik "Carl Maria von Weber" Dresden
  • Hochschule für Bildende Künste Dresden
  • Palucca Hochschule für Tanz Dresden
  • Hochschule für Kirchenmusik Dresden
  • Evangelische Hochschule Dresden
  • Berufsakademie Sachsen - Staatliche Studienakademie Dresden