Landeshauptstadt Dresden - www.dresden.dehttps://www.dresden.de/en/business/science-and-innovation/science-networks/dresden-concept.php 18.10.2016 11:10:17 Uhr 09.05.2021 15:58:09 Uhr
DRESDEN concept – Excellence in research
One of Dresden's USPs as a business location is its well-honed interdisciplinary knowledge transfer and facility management in the field of research. DRESDEN-concept offers an alliance that is unrivalled in Germany between the university and the four major non-university research institutions.
The overriding aim of DRESDEN-concept is to create synergies between Dresden University of Technology and the Fraunhofer, Leibniz, Max-Planck and Helmholtz associations. Their close links extend to the fields of research, education, infrastructure and administration. The following projects are examples of how this works in practice:
Dresden Genome Center
- Cross-campus technology platform providing access to the latest genome analysis methods and processes; available to all life sciences researchers on the Dresden campus.
- Structure enabling equipment and infrastructure to be shared more efficiently.
- Provides visiting scientists and doctoral students from around the world with a place where they can gain information and share ideas about their stay in Dresden.
Dresden Science Calendar
- All science-related events in the Dresden area at a glance.
Dresden Innovation Center for Energy Efficiency
- Joint project for the topic of energy efficiency between the Fraunhofer Society and Dresden University of Technology.
DRESDEN-concept is a key element of Dresden University of Technology's Institutional Strategy 'The Synergetic University.' Part of the initiative for excellence, it offers an outstanding opportunity to further increase the visibility of Dresden as a location for science and culture both nationally and internationally.
Further information can be found on the homepage of DRESDEN concept