Built 1710-28 by the architect Pöppelmann in cooperation with the sculptor Permoser. Originally designed as an orangery and a setting for court festivities, it was later used for exhibitions. Most perfect example of Late Baroque architecture in Germany. Construction of the Semper Gallery 1847-55. In the Zwinger are located the Old Masters Picture Gallery, Armoury (Rüstkammer), Porcelain Collection and the Mathematisch-Physikalischer Salon.