Springe direkt zu: Hauptnavigation | Inhaltsbereich | Suchfunktion

Frauenkirche (Church of Our Lady)

Frauenkirche © DTG/Klewe

Since October, 30th 2005 the steeple of the Frauenkirche overtops the Dresden skyline again. The reconstruction of the Frauenkirche is an impressive symbol of international reconciliation after World War II. The consecration attracted attention throughout the world. Millions of people have already visited the Frauenkirche.

The sacred building was erected between 1726 and 1743, following the designs of George Bähr. Its characteristic dome, called the "stone bell" owing to its shape, collapsed on February 15th, 1945 under the rain of bombs. An anti-war monument during the GDR period, the rebuilding is finished now.

The Frauenkirche is a symbol of conciliation, largely with donations from German and international foundations. The Neumarkt quarter around the church is also to regain its status as the historical heart of the city.

Frauenkirche

address for visitors 
Neumarkt
01067 Dresden
City map 
City map
Öffnungszeiten 
Mon - Fri 10 a.m. - 12 and 13 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Sat, Sun shortened
Gebühren 
admission by donation

Climbing the Frauenkirche dome

address for visitors 
Neumarkt | entrance G
01067 Dresden
City map 
City map
Öffnungszeiten 
March to October
Mon-Sat 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sun 12.30 p.m. - 6 a.m.
November to February Mon - Sat 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sun 12.30 p.m. - 4 p.m.